Association of African Methodist Episcopal Scouts
AAMES is a scout leaders association that has gained official recognition from the Girl Scouts of the United States of America (GSUSA) and Boy Scouts of America (BSA).
Charles Cleveland Scholarship and Joyce Charles Scholarship
For more information and the application for these scholarships, please click the button below.
- Encouraging AME congregations to incorporate scouting into their Christian education programs for youth leadership and community outreach;
- Fostering religious growth through religious awards programs, such as the God and Country Award Program and the AME Bishop’s Award of Excellence;
- Promoting the desire to achieve higher educational goals by offering scholarships to youth earning their GSUSA Gold Award or BSA Eagle Scout Award;
- Establishing a clear link between Christian principles as taught in the Holy Bible and the morals and values as projected in GSUSA and BSA programs; and
- Providing another means of recreational and social interaction and development for youth.
AAMES Officers 2022 – 2026
Rev. Dr. Missiouri McPhee – Director of Boy Scouts
Ms. Michele Neal – Director of Girl Scouts
Mr. Milton Chambliss – Associate Director of Boy Scouts
Rev. Linda Brown Saffore – Associate Director of Girl Scouts
Mr. Jesse Trigg – Secretary
Ms. Jacqueline Little – Assistant Secretary
Mr. Robert McRath – Financial Secretary
Mr. Clarence Crayton – Treasurer
Dr. Celestine Cheeks – Chaplain
Mr. Anthony Franklin, Sr. – Historiographer
Mr. Myron Ford – Parliamentarian
Scout(s)/youth can elect to earn any of the patches or all of the patches. Once scouts/youth have completed the prerequisite requirements and activities, please order the patch/patches utilizing the order form in the back of the workbook. The cost of each patch is $10. Each patch comes with it’s own pocket certificate.
Also, please do not forget to send us pictures of the scouts/youth engaged in the various activities. The pictures may appear on our FaceBook page, website, The Journal of Christian Education, or in The Christian Recorder (the world’s oldest Black newspaper) to promote the series.
It is our prayer that scouts/youth will enjoy learning about the Bishops of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Please feel free to share the workbooks with others.
Programs of Religious Activities with Youth
#33599 God and Church Student Workbook (for the student)
#33600 God and Church Counselor Manual (for the pastor)
#33596 God and Church Mentor Workbook (for the parent)
In addition to the youth award, the AME Church created a new A.M.E. God and Service medal for adults. The God and Service award recognizes adults for their distinguished service in ministry to young people. God and Service nomination forms are available at no charge from your local council or from P.R.A.Y.
For more information, please contact P.R.A.Y at 8520 Mackenzie Road, St. Louis, MO 63123 or call 1-800-933-7729.